• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The making of WipEout [Edge]

Glix

HOLY SHIT Shinobi dropped a fucking BOMB!

If its PS3 and Vita Wipeouts remastered at 60fps with no rez drops and VR compatible!!!

I'll fucking cry. I mean it.

FDBK

A VR WipeOut game is pretty much the only thing that would get me to take the plunge on PSVR.

Same here! This is what will 100% guarantee a PSVR purchase from me!

Will it be called Wipeout Prodigy, by any chance? I remember seeing this in a quote-unquote "PS VR title lineup mockup" a while ago.

For fuck's sake someone figure out how to make this a PSVR title. Wipeout was and still is one of my favorite games and series. I still remember playing it for the first time on PS1 when it came out and how obsessed I was with it.

Article oddly fails to discuss the brilliant design work from The Designer's Republic. You could write volumes about the cultural significance and convergence in Wipeout and Wipeout XL/2097.

Neverwas

Ps4 is the first Sony console I bought without a Wipeout game available. This gen won't be complete for me without one. =(

They seriously need to release one for PS4.

PSX is as good a place as any I suppose. I'm not 100% sure when.

It's not really a 'new' game but a remastering of a few of them. It's new...ish.

0e3.png

Cool article. I remember, 'way back then, reading some articles about Sony acquiring Psygnosis. Some writers were mocking them for buying Psygnosis instead of DMA Designs, saying that Sony whiffed by not getting the Lemmings studio (DMA Design made Lemmings, Psygnosis was the publisher).

That turned out fine, immediately. Wipeout was one of the key pre-launch Playstation hype-generating games, and aside from Tekken (maybe), the one that had the most long-term presence.

Wipeout in VR would probably get me to buy a Playstation VR. I have a Rift, but I've very much cooled on VR. It's such a pain, especially since I wear glasses, but the bigger problem is that the available library is not compelling. I have a VR F-Zero / Wipeout wannabe (forgot the name), and all that did for me is make me want F-Zero or Wipeout in VR.

c1m

Neo Member
Fuck man, Shinobi knows!

I'm gonna cry as well if Wipeout HD / 2048 remaster will happen for PS4. I haven't had a chance to play them and after hearing news about Studio Liverpool's closure I was afraid we won't see a PS4 release of this series anymore. But what a gem Wipeout is!

I was a kid when my mom bought me PSone that I wanted so bad. And somehow, without even knowing anything about it back then, I chose Wip3out as my first game. I made the best choice!

kyser73

All I want is Zone in VR.

I am going to pretend Shinobi said nothing, then I cannot be disappointed, only happy.

Then can we have G-Police pls, Shu?

If it has to be a remaster, that's fine but please let it be from 1-3! The PSP tracks have been run into the ground, I'm sick or them! 2048 HD would be ok too :D

Ok since lees name has come out all I do will say is that when I spoke to him and asked if would be be coming to egx he said no too busy making dreams come to life!

This may make me purchase vr !

Article oddly fails to discuss the brilliant design work from The Designer's Republic. You could write volumes about the cultural significance and convergence in Wipeout and Wipeout XL/2097.

Likewise, they name check Prodigy, but overlook the awesome in house Cold Storage that made all the (amazing incredible great) music for the first game.

Top Bottom